Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions form the entire agreement between CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. and the Customer. Any other terms or conditions are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law. This does not affect a consumer's statutory rights. If any part of this Agreement is held unlawful or unenforceable that part shall be struck out without it affecting the remainder of the Agreement.
2. No one other than the parties and their permitted assignees, if any, shall be entitled to benefit from the Agreement pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
3. Your order of a vehicle from this website is an offer by you. CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. will only accept an order from you when you have signed and returned a purchase order in accordance with these terms and conditions. All orders are subject to the acceptance of CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. which is dependent upon the availability of the vehicle being ordered, price changes, and cleared funds of your deposit.
4. If you wish to purchase the vehicle you should read and sign the purchase order form. By signing the purchase order form you agree to purchase a vehicle of the specification detailed in accordance with these terms and conditions
5. The vehicle prices quoted include VAT at the current rate on the day of invoicing, commercial vehicles may be plus VAT and we will always inform you of this in advance.
6. CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. reserves the right to change the price either before or after CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. accepts any order. CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. shall notify you of such a change and you have the right to cancel your order if the change is not acceptable, in which case your deposit will be returned in full.
7. Prices on the website are for information purposes only and do not constitute an offer by CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. capable of an acceptance by you.
8. All vehicles are subject to a £125.00 + VAT administration fee which covers the HPI check, credit or transaction processing, and documentation lookup.
9. In the event that any of our vehicles are listed at an incorrect price or are no longer available CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. shall have the right to refuse to accept any order from you or to cancel any order received from you based on the incorrect price, whether or not the order has been accepted.
10. A minimum deposit of £500.00 will be required by CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. If your order is not accepted by CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. this will be refunded by cheque within 7 days.
11. All payments shall be made by debit card or credit card. Cash will only be accepted up to a maximum of £9999 in any single transaction due to Money Laundering Regulations without charge. We will also accept CHAPS,FPI and BACS transfers, a BACS transfer will take 2 days to clear this is without charge. Please note an additional administration fee charge for credit and debit cards will apply of £30 for balances under 300 and £65 for balances between 300 and 3000 balances over this amount are not payable by card please note that we do not accept personal cheques or bankers drafts.
12. Payment of the balance due on the vehicle must be made in the manner as agreed with CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. Title will only transfer to you when cleared funds have been received.
13. Permission must be given if we are to accept a final payment from third parties. For example finance/leasing companies
14. CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. may arrange with your delivery of the vehicle to your home. Whilst CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. may arrange delivery, the transport company will undertake the actual delivery itself. On delivery of the vehicle, you will be required to sign an inspection sheet confirming that you have inspected the vehicle and that it complies with the specification detailed in the purchase order form and that the vehicle is undamaged. If any of the foregoing is incorrect, you will inform CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. immediately by quoting on the inspection sheet in which case the following will apply:
- a. If the vehicle is damaged you will have the option to:
- i. Reject the vehicle and receive a full refund.
- ii. Have the vehicle repaired free of charge in which case we will inform you of an alternative date for delivery.
- iii. You have agreed to accept the vehicle and arrange your own repairs (at CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. cost) if this is your preffered option you must obtain three quotations for the repairs and CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. will select its preferred repairer, or you may request that CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. to re-order a new vehicle.
- b. If the vehicle does not meet the specification detailed in the purchase order form CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. will refund the monies in full or re-order the correct vehicle and arrange an alternative date for delivery.
15. Deliveries are not restricted to mainland Britain, however, a further charge will apply for deliveries to Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Eire. You will be informed in advance of this amount. Car sales Hampshire limited will also deliver at a customers cost to a UK port or airfreight terminal so long as funds have cleared.
16. CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. will make every effort to deliver the vehicle on the delivery date specified in the purchase order. However, delays will occasionally occur and time shall not be the essence of this contract. CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. shall not be liable for any damage or loss (including consequential loss) occasioned to you or any third party arising directly or indirectly out of any failure on CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. behalf to meet the estimated delivery date or time.
17. In the event that you wish to cancel your order, you acknowledge that CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. will claim the cost of unrecoverable extras fitted to the vehicle and any reduction in the value of the vehicle. CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. will be entitled to use the deposit and any prepayment to reduce its reasonable losses.
18. You shall have the right to cancel your order if there is a delay in delivery exceeding 14 weeks from the date specified in the purchase order form.
19. In the event that CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. can source an alternative purchaser for the vehicle our reasonable administration and storage charges will be limited to a maximum of £5,000.
20. Any order and any allowance in respect of a vehicle offered in part exchange by the Customer is subject to written acceptance by CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD.
21. The Customer must take and pay for the goods within 7 days of being notified that they are available. If the Customer fails to do so then CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. will be entitled to keep the deposit, and recover damages for all resulting loss (including loss of profit), costs (including labour and materials at usual retail rate), charges and expenses.
22. CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. will retain ownership of the goods until they have been paid for. Responsibility for looking after the goods; becomes the customer's responsibility; on delivery or payment, whichever is the sooner.
23. Any estimated date quoted for delivery of the goods is only approximate. CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. shall not be liable for delay or failure in the delivery of the goods, which is beyond its control.
24. If CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. fails to deliver the goods within 28 days of the estimated date of delivery stated in this contract the Customer may by notice in writing to CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD., require delivery of the goods within 7 days of receipt of such notice. If the goods are not delivered to the Customer within the 7 days the contract shall be cancelled. If the contract is cancelled any deposit paid shall be returned and CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. shall be under no further liability.
25. Any agreement for CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. to purchase a vehicle or other goods in part exchange is subject to the following;
- a. The part exchange goods must be the sole property of the Customer, and the Customer must be entitled to sell them.
- b. The part exchange goods must be delivered in the same condition and with the same features, as when they were examined by CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD..
- c. If these conditions are not met, CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. will not accept the Customers used vehicle and the Customer will pay the full price for the vehicle ordered.
- d. If delivery of the goods is delayed through no fault of CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. they will deduct an amount for depreciation of the part exchange goods. This amount will not exceed 3.5% of the agreed value of the part exchange goods for each complete 30-day period.
26. Customers are advised that any upgrade or conversion applied to a vehicle may change its original characteristics and may result in increased fuel consumption, firmer ride etc. Please note upgrades or conversions may breach the manufacturers' warranties. A signed order form and part payment may be required for performance upgrades and conversion work. Customers are advised to inform their insurance companies of any changes.
27. CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. shall not be considered liable in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, neglect or act of god.
28. The Customer agrees' and recognises that all intellectual property rights in goods supplied by CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD., remain with CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. and do not pass to the Customer.
29. Unless otherwise affected by the terms of the Consumer Credit Act, any part payments paid to CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. for the purchase of used vehicles or upgrades/conversions are not refundable unless an agreement is made in writing at the time of placing the order.
30. The vehicle will accrue storage charges after seven working days unless otherwise agreed.
31. Any vehicles consigned to CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. for sale on the Customer's behalf remain the property of the Customer under the terms and conditions of the Sale or Return agreement. Any work undertaken to the vehicle to ready it for sale is for the Customers account and this account must be settled prior to removal of the vehicle from the Companies premises in the event of it remaining unsold.
32. If a vehicle is returned it needs to be returned in the same condition as the customer has taken it. If it is not, charges will apply to bring it back to the same standard as on collection day.
33. If in the event of a warranty claim or a refund/rejection is agreed in respect of the vehicle, there will be a mileage charge to reflect any loss of value and usage of the car. Any mileage between purchase and rejection/refund will be charged at a standard rate of £0.40 per mile or if refund/rejection is within the first 30 days a daily charge of £50 per day will apply whichever is the greatest. Any damage or costs associated with re-preparing the vehicle for resale will be charged at our standard workshop rates of £90.00 plus VAT per hour.
34. If a customer has a part exchange stored at our premises and they have rejected a vehicle from the point of rejection the storage charge will be charged at £25 a day plus VAT. Rejected vehicles storage charge will apply to vehicles that have been rejected. If there is a dispute with the settlement until it is agreed that the rejection is complete, the completion of the rejection would include vehicle Returns with all documents. This will be charged at £25 per day plus VAT.
35. Any warranty either implied or given and whether insurance backed or not will be deemed as non-transferable to another owner/keeper of the vehicle, This includes gifting and passing of title to the vehicle to family members. Warranties will vary as to the level of cover provided and as to whether they include only parts or only labour or both and will also vary as to whether consumables and VAT will be charged.
36. Courtesy vehicles. A courtesy vehicle will not always be available and furthermore should a courtesy vehicle be offered it may not be of the same size or type as the vehicle purchased. DVLA licence checks will be carried out upon collection of any courtesy vehicle. Any insurance claims whether at fault or non-fault will carry a minimum of £500 excess. Courtesy vehicles must be returned with the same amount of fuel as when they were lent and any fuelling charges will be charged at £2.50 per litre Daily hire charge for courtesy vehicles not returned upon either verbal or written notice by Car Sales Hampshire limited will be charged at no less than £50 plus VAT per day or part day thereof regardless of whether a customers vehicle is ready for collection or not. Should a vehicle be returned heavily soiled either inside or out a standard valet charge of £40 plus VAT will apply. If a vehicle has been accepted as rejected and the customer has a courtesy vehicle in the interim then the above daily charge will apply. If a deposit is placed against a retail vehicle and a courtesy vehicle supplied in the interim should the purchase not go ahead then again the above charges will apply.
37. Our website design, layout, look, appearance and source code, software and all of the material used on our website are the copyright of CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. All rights are reserved to CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD.
CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. gives you permission to electronically copy and print in hard copy format any portion of this website for the sole purpose of placing an order with us or for using this website as a means to shop online. Thus anything which you download and print from our website is for your personal use only. Any other use of any of the materials on our website including modification, publication, distribution or republication in any form whatsoever without having obtained CAR SALES HAMPSHIRE LTD. written permission is strictly prohibited.
If you have any questions or comments about Car Sales Hampshire Terms and Conditions, please contact Car Sales Hampshire in writing at:
Car Sales Hampshire Ltd.
2 Pegham Copse Laveys Lane
Fontley Road,Fareham Hampshire
Or email us at: